July 25, 2014

Anytime Pancakes Recipe

My youngest son loves pancakes.  I don't mind whipping up a batch anytime as it's one of the few things my picky eater will eat.  I used to whip out the box of pancake mix until a friend shared an easy breezy recipe for pancakes and now it's a standby in our home.  We're one of those "Breakfast Anytime" households so pancakes for dinner is not a rarity.


Last weekend, my son asked me why my pancakes tasted so good.  "Mommy, what's your secret ingredient", he asked.  I fumbled for an answer because I don't have a "secret ingredient.  I thought about it for a second or two and then just blurted out "Apple pie spice".  "Apple pie spice?" 

I don't have a secret ingredient but that's our secret.  So without further ado, I present my Anytime Pancakes recipe and welcome you to try them.




Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry.  Batter should be a little lumpy.


Watch for bubbles.  Bubbles will appear and pop.
That's when you know it's time to flip your pancakes.


Golden brown and ready to top with your favorite syrup or fresh fruit.


I hope you'll try my pancake recipe next time you get a craving for pancakes.  For my fellow foodies, if you have a favorite pancake recipe you'd like to share, please leave a comment as I would love to try your recipe as well.

Happy eats!!!




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations