Skip to main content

Books of Faith to Enjoy During Lenten Season

Lenten Season is upon us and I was asked to share a few new releases just in time for Lenten Season.  Ash Wednesday is THIS week!  Which means Easter will be here soon.

Here are just a few fab reads from the kind folks at FaithWords which will help keep your heart in tune and focused on the Word during Lent.

I remember back in the day where the big discussion this time of year was what we were giving up for Lent.  Oh the struggle.  As kids we would always vow to give up candy or chocolate but that didn't last long.  I confess I've eaten a few candy bars during Lent but I wholeheartedly confessed afterwards.  The guilt... oh the guilt.

As an adult, I took my Lenten practices more seriously.  I would fast and follow the rules as best I could and attend worship services as I longed for a more deeper spiritual connection.  There was something about consciously making a sacrifice to do better, to give up something, to strengthen my faith during this time of the year.

I usually indulge deeper in my personal biblical studies during this time but a few years ago, our pastor started group studies during Lent and I look forward to it every year.  He purchases books for the entire congregation and we study from these books during our worship services.  It's really nice as we have some members who don't make it to Bible Study or Sunday services every week.  This enables everyone to contribute and engage together.

This year's book focuses on the book of Ephesians and funny think Joyce Meyer - one of my favorite writers - is releasing a new Bible Study series on Ephesians and James.  
I am so excited about this book and can't wait to check out her viewpoints as our church dives into our studies on this book of the Bible during the 2019 Lenten season.

Here are a few other wonderful reads from my friends at FaithWords that you may want to check out during this Lenten season.


First on the list is 100 Inspirational Quotes.  This is perfect for daily meditations during Lent or any time of the year.  Joyce Meyer partners thoughtful reflections with meaningful scriptures.

Meyer has also released an in depth study on the book of James in her Bible Study Series.  Click here to sign up to received 4 FREE days of Daily Devotionals on Ephesians delivered to your inbox.

Looking for a book to help form a deeper spiritual connection with your spouse?  Check out Dr. Kim Kimberling's book 14 Keys to Lasting Love.  This is a great book to read alone or together with your loved one as you focus on more personal relationships.

Finally, He is Risen, it's an oldie but one of my favorites.  I bought this book years ago and I still read it every year.  It's one of my favorites and one we read as a family.

Are you planning to observe Lent this year?  

Comments

Play bazaar said…
Satta king Satta Bazaar
satta king satta bazaar These conditions will cause the pesticide to spread and pollute your area.
Wait until your downline is making enough money for you to live off of before you go on vacation. When you have enough income coming through passive means to literally pay all your bills, THEN you can pick your schedule as you wish and travel to far flung places. For now, keep your debt down and work hard! Satta King Proven Network Marketing Strategies To Help You Play Bazaar

Popular posts from this blog

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta