Skip to main content

Healing Through Journaling. A Review of Ellie Claire Art Journals


2018 has definitely been a year of extreme ups and downs. Writing my thoughts has always been a place of solace for me since I was a kid and this year writing was more therapeutic than ever before.

In June, just as I was gearing up to celebrate my kid’s 18th birthday I received a phone call that one of my best friends had suddenly taken ill. She passed away a few hours later. Reconciling with the sudden loss and the realization I wouldn’t be able to attend the services as we were gearing up to send our kid to college and saving for our Summer vacation.

The day before my friend’s memorial service I received a phone call saying another one of my best friends was in ICU and the prognosis was not good. Without hesitation, I was on the road the very next day.

There wasn’t a question of whether I was making the 8.5-hour drive or not. I had to be there.

I knew she had been sick but I didn’t realize the how ill she was until I arrived at the hospital and spoke with the nursing staff. I stayed as long as I could knowing if I left her bedside I would only be returning for her funeral.

Yet heartbroken I made the return trek home and phoned her family promising to return the following weekend. A few days later, I received word she had passed away.

As the days passed I experienced a grief like none I’ve ever felt before. found myself bursting into tears throughout the day. It seemed so surreal that two of the three beautiful souls I’ve called best friends for over half my life were gone. I was preparing for a new phase in my life and never imagined I'd start this journey all alone but a good thing happened along the way.

I relied on my faith and I started writing... journaling to be specific.  There are so many different journals to choose from but I recently received a trio of Ellie Claire journals to review and the timing was perfect.

I received the:
The Illuminate Your Story Journal is my favorite so far.  All are beautiful but I am embarking on a new phase in my life and this journal seemed to fit with where I am in my life right now.
I've been using it for my Bible Study notes.  This foil accented journal is filled with inspirational scriptures and lots of lined pages perfect for note taking and jotting down random thoughts.  The paper is of great quality.  You can use a variety of pens and not worry about ink bleeding onto other pages. 
The letter designs are quite intricate but there are plenty of practice pages throughout the journal and each lesson guides you step by step.  

The Faith and Lettering Journal and The Illustrated Word: An Illuminated bible Coloring Journal are also beautiful journals perfect for gift giving. Each offer simple exercises to help you master the lettering styles and are creative ways to expound on your Bible studies.
Journaling is therapeutic for me and has really helped me as I navigate this new phase of my life.  It's relaxing.  A time for me to gather my thoughts.  A time to relax.  Some quiet time just for me.

I highly recommend checking out Ellie Claire Art Journals and maybe even gifting them this holiday season.


Check out these and more Ellie Claire Art Journals at worthypublishing.com/product-category/ellie-claire/ 

Follow @EllieClaireGifts on Twitter on IG

Do you journal?  Have you checked out Ellie Claire Art Journals?



Comments

Replace your traditional holiday lights with strings of LED's. satta king satta bazaar
Play bazaar said…
comprehensive insurance but need something in the event of a significant life altering event. It is also be a good addition to your health care portfolio to give some extra coverage in case of an extreme circumstances.play bazaar satta king
Budgeting is an important tool in network marketing. When you first start you'll need to use budgeting to make sure you have enough money to pay your bills while still dedicating your time to your career. As time goes on, you'll need to budget your earnings to put it toward further marketing while still paying yourself. Satta King Proven Network Marketing Strategies To Help You Play Bazaar

Popular posts from this blog

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta