Skip to main content

7 of My Favorite Blogger Apps


It's a new year and the blogosphere is buzzing about blogging goals.  Some are focused on generating readership, others on SEO and others on something else, the one thing we have in common is nourishing this blog baby of ours.

Three Boys and an Old Lady is my baby.  I started this blog 10 years ago.  Yep, 10 years.  I've learned a lot of tips and tricks these past 10 years.  Tips on how to make your pictures pop, get that perfect post title, schedule posts, and more and I am so happy to share some of my favorite apps.

Hootsuite: Scheduling posts to multiple social media platforms is super simple with Hootsuite.  Hootsuite is easy to use and versatile.  The search feature is one of my favorite features especially when engaging in Twitter parties or searching for hashtags or keywords.  I've been using the Free version of Hootsuite for years and I love it.  There are Pro and Business versions of the app available for minimal costs.  

Snapseed:  If you take pics using your phone then Snapseed is worth checking out.  The app is tool heavy, meaning there is a tool to perfect your pictures and the Compare tool is my favorite.  You can compare your original pic and edited pic and fine tune to your liking.  Snapseed is user friendly and after using it would will undoubtedly understand why the company was acquired by Google shortly after its launching.

Canva:  I was late to the Canva bandwagon but it is one of my favorite apps for designing blog posts, Pinterest, Facebook and IG.  The app offers free templates and stock photos and is very easy to use.  Users can create professional, eye catching designs for social media and business.  Looking to create a Media Kit, then you should definitely check out the Media Kit templates.  WIth over 50,000 templates Canva is a mecca of creativity.

Crowdfire:  Social media is all about engaging and Crowdfire encourages users to engage and the reward is a snapshot of your engagement.  Users can select keywords to follow to connect with users with similar interests.  Users can connect up to 3 social media accounts for free.  I have connected my Twitter, Facebook and IG accounts.  Users can also queue posts to post at the "Best Time", schedule posts for a later date and even queue posts to post up to 3 times using the FREE Crowdfire app.  

CoSchedule Headline Analyzer:  This is a tough one since this isn't an app per se.  The CoSchedule Headline Analyzer is a tool and CoSchedule is the app.  

Would you be more likely to read this post if it was titled "My Favorite Blogger Apps" ?


Survey says
I was introduced to CoSchedule Headline Analyzer a few years ago during a session at a social media conference and have been using it ever since.  I've tried a couple of other headline analyzer tools said to improve SEO and found CoSchedule Headline Analyzer yields more views.  There's no doubt a powerful headline draws readers in but it's up to you to keep the content to keep them coming back for more.

PicMonkey:  The name is so funky and fun isn't it?  PicMonkey, is a funky and fun photo editing app!  The app is easy to use and helps users create professional looking designs.  I love the desktop version and was a little leery of the app.  However, the PicMonkey app worked like a charm.  The app features several common photo editing tools but also includes tools such as overlays, frames and a handy touch up tool. If you're looking to design a logo for your blog, or just looking for an easy to use photo editing app, PicMonkey will not disappoint.      

iMovie: One of my blogging goals for 2018 is to create more videos and since I have my phone with me all the time it makes sense to use the tools provided on my phone. Insert iMovie.  Android users apologies but I've used video apps on android but few compare to iMovie.  The drag and drop feature and templates help users create professional videos. 

iMovie is perfect for beginners and addictive.  iMovie is so simple that my kids have used iMovie for some of their school projects.  

This is one of my 1st videos.  It's kinda crappy but again it was one of my first attempts at creating a video and the sponsor liked it so much they featured it in their social media feeds. 

There you have it, my favorite blogger apps.  What about you?
What are some of your favorite blogger apps?

Comments

Masshole Mommy said…
Where would I be without Canva and Picmonkey? Both of those apps have definitely helped me up my Pinterest game.
candy said…
Think everyone uses canvas and picmonaey. Have tried some of the others. Couple haven't even heard of. Gives me more options and something to check into.
AiringMyLaundry said…
Awesome, thank you for these apps. I use a lot of them--Canva is a favorite--but there are some I haven't tried yet.
Terri Steffes said…
I hadn't heard of snapseed and since I do nearly all my photos on my phone, I want to learn more about this app's capabilities. Thanks for sharing your favorites!
Emily said…
I use Canva all of the time! It is not my favorite for editing pictures, I use Lightroom for that. But making graphics Canva is so simple and amazing to use! There is a lot of great blogging apps out there.
Sarah Bailey said…
I have just started to use Crowdfire more and I have to admit I absolutely love it, before I've just used it for it's feature of seeing who doesn't follow you but the scheduling is a must for every blogger.
Pam said…
Canva and Picmonkey are two of my favorite tools for blogging. I also use Crowdfire and like it a lot.
Carol Cassara said…
I've been using canva for the longest time! It's really a lovely way to edit your pictures for blogging and more. Hootsuite is also a lifesaver! I must check out all the other apps!
heather said…
I use Snapseed and iMovie every day! I absolutely love them. I have also been using the google analytics app lately which is fun to monitor.
Heather Jones said…
I'm going to have to check out Speedsnap and Crowdfire! I love Canva and HootSuite. Thanks for sharing these. I have some new things to check out now.
Unknown said…
This is a great list! I have to go check out Snap Seed after reading this!
sandy n vyjay said…
These are some really useful apps. We use Canva a lot, especially for editing our pictures for our posts.
chubskulit said…
My goal for my blog is to be able to update them with new posts but it ain't happening lol. I want to take more videos of my family this year but hubby doesn't want them online.
Sara Welch said…
I would like to look into Snapseed. I use Canva daily!
Jenn said…
I love PicMonkey and use it often. I keep meaning to check out Hootsuit. Ive heard so many great things.
Mimicutelips said…
I love iMovie, Canva and CoSchedule Headline Analyzer. I need to check out the others you mentioned.
Android user and the prospect of iMovie is making me what to switch teams. I do have one to add...well it's not an app bit another tool, Adobe Spark. It's free (for now) and super easy to use. You can make landing pages and videos.
Pinning this one on a blog board Babushka has. Gracias for the great suggestions, some BB knows, but it's always great to keep up with the latest in this everchanging field.
candy said…
Everyone wants to do well with their blog. Can a and pic monkey are two favorites.
Bill Sweeney said…
We use PicMonkey to edit our pictures for our posts. I haven't used the app, as I like the laptop version. The other apps sound really cool!
Jared said…
I really love CoSchedule Headline Analyzer tool as well. It has been helping me to get really engaging blog titles.
Terri Steffes said…
Just wanted you to know that I downloaded Snapseed and am playing with it. It seems pretty user friendly. Thank you!
Ching Almazan said…
I better jump on the Canva bandwagon and I'm even later than you are! You actually mentioned something I need Here which is a media kit! I have no clue what these look like and had no idea Canva had templates. Thank you!
Kim said…
I absolutely LOVE Canva...couldn't live without it. I also like Crowdfire. Another one that I'd add to that list is Pixabay; free stock photos.
Amanda said…
The only app I used from this list is PicMonkey and I absolutely LOVE it, so I definitely need to check into your other recommendations. I can't wait until I have more free time to do more research on how to improve my blog. Do you have a recommendation for the best one to start with?
Marysa said…
I have tried some of these, but not all. I really like PicMonkey and ways to schedule posts. I'll have to check out the others. Anything to make blogging easier and more convenient!
Unknown said…
Congrats on 10 years of blogging! I haven't heard of Snapseed. Definitely going to check it out. I think it would be helpful to me.
GeekDad248 said…
Everybody seems to want video now and I'm really bad at it. Just switched over to Android though so doah iMovie isn't as convenient anymore. I'll have to check out that headline analyzer as could use some improvements there myself. Nice post!
Anosa said…
I love these apps, the only one I have not used before is snapseed but sounds like one I should check out.
Dana Peller said…
iMovie and Canva are two of my personal favorites. You can do so much with their free versions.
Debra Hawkins said…
Canva is one of my absolute favorite apps! I use it for all of my pinterest images. It is awesome!
Sara Lehman said…
These sound like great apps. I am definitely checking these out as I need to be more productive!
Thank you for sharing this type of information. We hope you will share some more information about it. This is very helpful for me & for other who looking for free movie maker. Visit our site & download it.

Popular posts from this blog

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta