Skip to main content

3 Things to Remember on Your Vacation

* Disclosure:  I am proud to be a #NSNationBlogger.  I receive Nutrisystem products in exchange for my posts.
*  #Nutrisystem #NutrisystemSnaps  *
When's the last time you went on vacation?  I'm talking a real vacation.  You know one where you return home fully recharged but exhausted from your adventures.  
A few weeks ago, Hubby and I went on a Caribbean cruise a few weeks ago.  It was a much needed break from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives and a time for us to reconnect.  We rarely take a vacation without our kids but we really needed a break. We've been busy with back to school, his mom's 90th birthday party, changes at the office and just a busy past few months.  

WE NEEDED A BREAK!
We all know we should shouldn't worry about anything while on vacation but that's easier said than done.  I worried about getting off track with my weight loss.

While on Nutrisystem I've lost over 30 lbs. eating delicious foods like Nutrisystem broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breast
Even though I have a way to go til my goal weight I worried about picking up a few pounds while on vacation.  I had to remind myself that it was okay to treat myself.
No butter for me


















I treated myself to succulent lobster tail and shrimp and broccoli dinners and decadent desserts and didn't worry one single bitNutrisystem has tools like the NUMI app to keep me on track even while on vacation.  
Vacation is a time to treat yourself and take a little time to find yourself.  
We're so tuned into our gadgets we lose ourselves in the day to day of being spouses, parents, workers, students, bloggers, this, that and the other.  Vacations are a great way to disconnect and rediscover yourself and each other.  

After years of living in Cali and 20 years of marriage, this is the 1st pic Hubby and I ever took at the beach.  
I can't believe I'm posting this pic of me in a bathing suit. OMG! I blame it on the ocean waves and white sands of Mexico.
We are joined at the hip to our tech-y devices and often forget to unplug and play with others, so the last thing I encourage you to remember during your vacation is to introduce yourself.
Open yourself up to meeting new people. Vacations are a great time to practice your people skills.  I met some fabulous folks during our vacation like Tasha.  She was on the cruise with her daughters.  By the end of the week her kids were calling me "Aunt Tee" and my husband, "Uncle G".  
We toured Jamaica with our friends, Troy and Karen.  We had a blast with our tour guide, a local shop owner who treated us to fresh coconut, Jamaican rum, and a walking history lesson of the island.

Remember, your vacation is a time to renew and recharge and above all remember to treat yourself, find yourself and introduce yourself.  

Back to reality and I'm okay with that.  I returned home refreshed, renewed and recharged.  
Here's a breakdown of my Nutrisystem journey going so far. 
Starting Weight 281

Date    lbs.lost  Weight
16-Jan    -8          273
23          -2           271
30          -7          264
6-Feb     -1          263
13          -1          262
20          -2          260
27          -2          258
6-Mar    -1          257
13          -1          256
20          -1          255
27          -1.5       253.5
3-Apr     -1          252.5
10          3           255.5
17          1           256.5
24          1           257.5

1-May    -2           255.5
8            1           256.5
15          -3          253.5
22          -1.5       252
29          6           258
5-Jun     3           261
12         -2          259
19         -2          257
26          3          260
3-Jul      3.5       263.5
10          -2         261.5
17          -2         259.5
24          -3         256.5
31          -4         252.5
7-Aug    -1         251.5
14          -3         248.5
21           4         252.5
28          -2         250.5
4-Sep     -2        248
11           -2        250
18            1        249
25          -0.5     249.5
2-Oct      0        249.5
9            1.5     251
16          1        250    
22          3        247

Total Weight Loss to Date: -34

Did you see that?  I lost weight while on vacation. Go me!!!

What about you?  When's the last time you went on vacation?  Where'd you go?  What'd you do?

Comments

Alli Smith said…
My family goes on vacation at least once a year. Then my husband and I go to the Caribbean at least once a year. Plus, we enjoy little getaways all throughout the year. Vacations are a great way to unwind from our hectic lives. Yay for you - losing weight while on vacation! That's amazing!
candy said…
When on vacation I don't worry about anything. We go and see what we want, eat what we want or just lay around and soak up the scenery. Time to relax and have fun.
We do take several vacations and have learned if doing a long road trip to schedule a day or part of a day every 3 - 4 days to unwind. We love cruises and I say it's really one of the only times I truly feel like I'm on vacation.
AiringMyLaundry said…
I love going on vacation! But it can get tricky with my husband's job. He's in the military and he doesn't get leave as often as he'd like. But when he does, we have a blast. We're hoping to go to Ohio to visit his family this summer. Fingers crossed.

I love your photos! Looks like you had fun.
Marysa said…
Sounds like you had a fun time. You have it right, you definitely have to remember to relax on vacation. Sometimes we have so much stuff planned, it isn't exactly a vacation.
34 pounds is awesome! I'm glad you found something that works for you. I think that being on vacation while on a diet is the hardest thing. You sort of want to take a vacation from everything, including watching what you eat.
Kimberly Storms said…
Congrats on your weight loss! I always find it super hard to stay on track with eating on vacation. Goodness I need a great vacation soon. One with relaxing and books and quiet!
1stopmom said…
I love these tips. I always seem to make friends when we go on trips. When we went to Disney World in June, my kids and husband did not want to ride scary rides. I found some other people who were riding by themselves and we became friends. We rode quite a few rides together and had a great time!
Liz Mays said…
Great work on the Nutrisystem program! Those are some impressive results. It's so cool that you were able to enjoy the vacation and stay on track!
Pam said…
It's so great that Nutrisystem is working for you. And way to go losing weight while on vacation.
GeekDad248 said…
I see their commercials on tv all the time and wonder how well the program actually works. Nice to read a testimonial from someone benefiting from their service. Good for you!
Nikki said…
Oooh, I love cruises! I've only been on one, but it was my favorite vacation by far. It's been YEARS since I've been on a real vacation. I've taken mini breaks to local hotels, but that's not quite the same, is it?
Sarah Bailey said…
It sounds like you had an amazing time and I am all for being able to treat myself within reason when I am away on holiday.
Kita Bryant said…
Wow, congrats on that weight loss so far. I'm glad you got to get a little break away from the hustle and bustle!
Claudia K said…
I have been thinking about trying Nutrisystem. You are doing amazing with it. My last vacation was a Disney cruise. We had a fantastic time and can not wait to go again.
Dogvills said…
Congratulations! A 34 pound weight loss is a fantastic achievement. This just goes to prove the effectiveness of Nutrisystem. Will definitely recommend this.
Unknown said…
We are headed to Curacao this weekend and these are all great tips! It's so important to disconnect when you're on vacation and really enjoy spending time with family away from technology.

Popular posts from this blog

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta