|Disclosure: I am a Proud #NSNation Blogger and I received Nutrisystem in |
exchange for this review. The opinions expressed above are 100% mine
I'm eating healthier meals. Making better food choices and losing weight along the way. I'm learning how to use food as fuel. It's all about finding the proper mix of good carbs, high protein, high fiber foods to keep me going without packing on the extra pounds.
When it comes to protein, few foods pack the protein power of an egg. Eggs are the PERFECT snack. You can boil 'em, scramble 'em, saute' 'em add 'em to your salad and so much more.
Eggs are powerful little sources of protein and can be prepared in so many ways. Eggs are low in calories and high in protein and a wonderful addition to your Nutrisystem meal plan.
Nutrisystem includes a few breakfast items with eggs like the Turkey Sausage and Egg Muffin, the Canadian Style Turkey Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffin, French Toast and my favorite, the Turkey Ham and Cheese Omelet.
|Nutrisystem Turkey Ham and Cheese Omelet|
This omelet is 90 calories of deliciousness and it's quick and easy to prepare. A minute or so in the microwave and tada I've got a tasty way to start my day.
Check out these 5 quick and easy ways to start your day.
- Boil 'em. A medium to large boiled egg is a only 50-70 calories and packs a whopping 6 grams of protein
- Scramble. Scramble in a skillet or crack two eggs, add salt and pepper, pour in a microwave safe mug, pop in the microwave for 2 minutes and you've got No Mess Scrambled Eggs
- Easy Egg Salad. Boil 2 eggs, add a tablespoon of fat free mayo, 1 teaspoon of mustard, a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Mash together and you've got a tasty egg salad. Feeling fancy, chop some parsley and exchange the mustard with curry powder for a tasty Curry Egg Salad. Yummy!!!
- French Toast. Nutrisystem French Toast is pretty tasty but 1 egg and 1 slice of whole wheat bread and you've got the makings for a classic French toast dish. Crack the egg, add a little cinnamon and/or nutmeg and dip your bread til coated on both sides. Cook until golden brown and top with fresh fruit or lo-cal syrup. Yummy!!!
- Quiche. I don't remember which one of my co-workers shared this One Egg Quiche recipe with me but it's been a fave of mine for years. It's one of my fave dishes to make in my ramekins. Just preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray the ramekin with cooking oil spray, grab a slice of bread and press down into the ramekin to form the quiche crust, crack an egg, add some cheese, add some fresh veggies and bake for about 20 minutes til settled. Tasty dish for one.
Lbs. lost this week: 2
Total lbs. Lost: 21