Skip to main content

Learning to Soar Like an Eagle while Interacting Like a Parrot

Recently, my middle kid took a personality quiz as part of a leadership course and he was so excited to share the results of his DISC Personality Test with me.  You remember DISC personality quizzes don't you?


Many of us have taken them as part of a seminar, a work project or even a team building exercise.  DISC or Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliances personality tests are a great way to gain insight on oneself and how we interact with others.  There are several varieties and I've even seen them pop up on some of those social media quizzes.

After listening to my kid share his results, I reached for a book on the bookshelf that I had recently received for review titled "The Chameleon: Life-Changing Wisdom for Anyone Who Has a Personality or Knows Someone Who Does."  We read through a couple of pages and he was really excited even wanting to share with his teacher.  The teacher loved the book saying "The Chameleon is an awesome tool to demonstrate personality types in a unique way." She highly recommends it for college students and I couldn't agree more adding the book would make a great gift for someone entering the workforce and a definite teambuilding resource.

The Chameleon: Life-Changing Wisdom for Anyone Who Has a Personality or Knows Someone Who Does. Written by Merrick Rosenberg ­ co-author of Taking Flight!: Master the DISC Styles to Transform Your Career, Your Relationships, Your Life - this engaging book explores the different DISC personalities in a fun, relatable and thought-provoking manner.



Laugh and learn through 22 entertaining fables that reflect the challenges you experience in your life story through the lens of the DISC styles. Guided by an all-knowing chameleon, four unassuming birds play the roles of the DISC styles. This is pretty neat because most other DISC personality tests I've seen designate either a Type A, B, C, or D personality or some overlapping of the four.  Rosenberg's light-hearted approach is one that is truly relatable.  The insights gained from their interactions and struggles will lift you to new heights of understanding yourself and others.

Check out this intro below:

 

Join a Dominant Eagle, Interactive Parrot, Supportive Dove, and Conscientious Owl on their enlightening journey of self-discovery as you learn to:

· Capitalize on your strengths

· Deepen your most important relationships and gain valuable insights into the role of parent and spouse

· Boost your career

· Live a more fulfilling life

Let the wisdom of The Chameleon and the power of the DISC styles enable you to effortlessly adapt to the people and situations around you.

Buy ItThe Chameleon is available wherever books are sold including Amazon.

About the book:

In The Chameleon, Merrick Rosenberg teaches powerful lessons about the most interesting topic of all - you! The Chameleon contains 22 fables based on the DISC styles represented as the Eagle, Parrot, Dove and Owl he introduced in Taking Flight!. Guided by an all-knowing chameleon, the characters gain meaningful insights into understanding themselves and others.

The Introduction fable provides an overview of the four DISC styles. The next 20 fables follow the birds through a one-year period with five fables set in each season. Each of these fables includes a Chameleon Wisdom section that expands on the fable's lessons and provides practical applications and scenarios for living the story's moral in one's life. These deeper insights include examples of how to employ the DISC styles to increase effectiveness at work, deepen personal relationships, parent with compassion, and generally, live a more fulfilling life. The Chameleon teaches skills for understanding others, capitalizing on personal strengths, cultivating joy, and achieving success.

The Epilogue fable pulls together the insights about the four DISC styles and sets the stage for more stories about the beloved characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta