Skip to main content

10 Stories of Successful Women in the Bible by Katara Washington Patton

The Bible is full of stories of successful women. However, most of their stories are overshadowed by stories of men. Fortunately, Author Katara Washington Patton has compiled stories of some of the Bible's most successful women in her book, Successful Women of the Bible.

Last year, Patton gifted readers with her book, Successful Moms of the Bible, and Successful Women of the Bible is her latest. 
In Successful Women of the Bible, Patton shares stories of 10 of the Bibles most memorable women:



  1. Miriam: Successful women are joyful supporters and praise leaders
  2. Deborah: Successful women are wise leaders
  3. Hagar: Successful women trust in God even when life is unfair and difficult
  4. Esther: Successful women stand up for a cause
  5. Daughters of Zelophehad: Successful women come together for good
  6. Mary and Martha: Successful women can complement each other
  7. Lois and Eunice: Successful women influence the next generation
  8. Mary Magdalene: Successful women live redeemed lives
  9. Priscilla: Successful women can be secure partners with men
  10. Lydia: Successful women can handle their business

The story of Priscilla stood out the most to me. I never thought of Priscilla's role as Aquila's equal in the ministry until I read Patton's account. For example, Paul writes in Romans 16:3, "Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my coworkers in Christ". Paul acknowledges both as his co-workers in Christ never distinguishing between the two. Patton does a great job using the story of Priscilla to illustrate the collaborative effort of this dynamic duo in their ministry. She didn't do it without him and he didn't do it without her. Not to say, she couldn't, but she didn't. She worked with her husband.

Successful Women of the Bible is wonderfully written and she uses scriptural references to tie the stories together and amplify the message. Overall a great read.

Synopsis:
The second book in a new series that brings the experiences of favorite Bible characters to challenges of contemporary life.

Contemporary "success" is often defined in financial terms or by number of Twitter followers. But for women of faith, success is so much more. And it turns out the timeless qualities of success are exemplified by women on the pages of their favorite book, the Bible. Deborah's model leadership is just as relevant today as it was in the age of the Hebrew judges. Esther's courage to stand up for a cause, Miriam's joyful support of others, Priscilla's exemplary partnership skill, Lydia's business acumen, and other characteristics of women in the Bible are embodied in lively storytelling. Busy Christian women--often working and raising a family--crave examples of success. Here are distilled principles they can use to succeed in today's noisy culture. The lessons of these icons of the faith apply, even in the age of Facebook and Instagram.

Successful Women of the Bible will be available in stores nationwide beginning August 23, 2016.

For more information on Successful Women of the Bible or any other books by author Katara Washington Patton, visit http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/katara-washington-patton/successful-women-of-the-bible/9781455538850/

Buy It
Successful Women of the Bible is available wherever Faith Words books are sold including Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Target, Walmart and more. Click here to locate a retailer near you.


Disclosure: Many thanks to Faith Words for the complimentary book and the opportunity to review and share this fab read. Visit http://threeboysandanoldlady.blogspot.com/p/contact-us-media-kit-disclosure-policy.html for the complete Disclosure Policy of Three Boys and an Old Lady blog.

Comments

alok raletta said…
These are the most inspirin stories of all time that i read , your article was so helpful and amazing.
women empowerment

Popular posts from this blog

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta