Skip to main content

3 Quick Easy, I Don't Have to Turn on My Stove Breakfast Ideas


With temps nearing 90 degrees by 8 in the morning, I shriek at the thought of turning on my stove. Of course I want to make sure my family has a hearty breakfast but there'll be no biscuits baking in my kitchen this Summer.  Our microwave, however, is getting one heckuva a workout thanks to these tasty breakfast dishes.  Be forewarned though, you may want to coat your mug or ramekin with some non-stick spray or butter before adding ingredients as clean up may require some soaking and scrubbing.

I love omelettes and the kids love creating omelettes.  It's a delicious way to get rid of those last couple slices of ham or turkey, that last little sprinkle of cheese and that last smidgen of diced veggies or that one teeny, weeny wedge of onion.  


Omelette in a Mug



Ingredients: 
    2 eggs
    1 tbsp. milk or water
    Tbsp or two of your favorite toppings: cheese, ham, bacon, etc.

Directions:
    1.  Crack eggs into cup and stir in milk/water and your favorite toppings. Mix well.
    2.  Microwave 2 minutes or until eggs set.




Pancakes in a Mug
Ingredients: 
    ½ c. complete pancake mix
    ¼ c. water

Directions:
    1.  Pour pancake mix into a microwave safe mug and stir in water. There will be 
         a few lumps but that's okay. Heat in microwave on High for 1 minute.
    2.  Drizzle with syrup and serve.


It's not the prettiest pancake but it's a pancake nonetheless.  You can enjoy in your mug or slide onto a plate.

Smoothie Shake-ups

Ingredients: 
    1 c. yogurt (plain or your favorite 8 oz. flavored yogurt cup)
    ½ c. ice cubes
    2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 cup fresh OR frozen fruit

Directions:
    1.  Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth (approx.. 20-30 seconds)
    2.  Pour into 2 glasses.

What are some of your tried and true quick breakfast ideas?  Let me know leave a comment below. 

Comments

Jerry Marquardt said…
I would most definitely love to try one of the three Quick and Easy Don't Have to Turn on My Stove Breakfast Ideas. I will be trying at least one over the holiday weekend.
reneejr said…
We love fruit smoothies and I like to freeze the fruit and forego the ice cubes. Almond milk ads some extra flavor.
I am all for easy, no-fuss recipes, especially in the morning! I especially love smoothies this time of the year.
Masshole Mommy said…
I love making omelettes in mugs. It is so simple and they always come out so good.
Alli Smith said…
I've never made an omelet in a mug. This is a great way to have a delicious breakfast without turning on the stove.
Jeannette said…
Ever since I learned how to do a scrambled egg in a mug in the microwave I have not cooked a scrambled egg. It is so much easier and I love it. I have not thought about throwing and also to different things besides eggs salt and pepper so that is the next step. This looks amazing.
SimplyTasheena said…
These are great breakfast ideas. I can't wait to give some of them a try.
AiringMyLaundry said…
Ooo thank you for these. I'll try them out with my kids. They never know what they want in the morning, so these sound perfect for them.
Great ideas! Im all for easy breakfast ideas with the least prep/mess possible
Justin said…
The microwave is great for hot summer days. I hate heating up my house by cooking.
I have never made an egg in the microwave. But we have such high temperatures here that I will have to try it this week.
Theresa Mahoney said…
It's already heating up here where I don't want to turn on the stove at all. These no stove breakfast ideas are all really yummy options to getting a great meal without adding extra heat to the house.
Net U. said…
I love smoothies for breakfast, it's super easy to make and you can just take it with you as you go.
Cathy Mini said…
Wow, Those are really great and perfect delicious treats for the whole family.
Lisa Favre said…
I love the idea of a smoothie shakeup. Now I am totally craving one but I need more fresh fruits.
Gervin Khan said…
These are easy and delicious breakfast recipe meal to prepare to my family and I am sure they will love it!
Yay for not having to turn on the stove! during the summer months, it's too hot to use the stove anyways.
Rachel said…
I like cutting up the last bits of veggies too and having them ready to go for eggs. I like the idea of them being able to use the microwave.
honeybunnytwee said…
I used to make eggs with cheese in a mug, but never thought of adding ham. I have yet to try the mug pancakes yet though
Gust si Aroma said…
I love to start the day with a good and tasty breakfast! Thanks for these awesome ideas!

Popular posts from this blog

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta