Skip to main content

Great Gifts for Her FIRST Mother's Day

If your daughter or wife is celebrating their very first Mother's Day, be sure to make their day extra special.

I remember my first Mother's Day with the twins and OMG I was in tears the entire day just looking at my precious babies in disbelief that I was FINALLY a mom.  That first Mother's Day can be super emotional so prepare for waterworks.  There will Mother's Day full of homemade gifts from school but the first Mother's Day is unlike any other.  


Here a few gifts new moms are sure to appreciate that won't break the bank.

A CleanER House
Nothing like a housekeeper.  Seriously one of the greatest gifts I ever gifted myself was the gift of a clean house courtesy of our housekeeper.  Gift mom with a gift card from a local housecleaning service like Merry Maids.

A CleanER Diaper Bag/Purse/Backpack/CarryallIsn't it funny how the diaper bag starts out as all things baby and slowly migrates to all things.  I would've been a great candidate on "Let's Make a Deal" as my diaper bag was a haven for everything... and I mean everything.  8 oz. bottles, 4. oz bottles, spoons, jars of baby food, boxes of baby cereal, bibs, diapers, wipes, cream, lotions, pacifiers, extra nipples for the bottles, at least 4 in a sandwich ziplock bag, my i.d., a credit card or two  and some spare change.  Whew... thatsa lotsa stuff.  Then on top of that it never failed when we would go somewhere I would cringe at the thought of putting my precious diaper bag on the floor.  Nope, not gon' happen.
Clipa:  http://www.clipa.us/

Solution:  Clipa Instant Handbag Hanger.  Let me preface this by saying the Clipa is a "handbag" hanger it's a fab diaper bag hanger as well.  Clipa keeps my diaper bag off the floor.  We clip it on the headrest to keep the diaper bag within reach when traveling in the car.  Clipa is a great tool for snapping on those portable diaper changing stations when you and baby are on the go.  Plus it can be worn as a bracelet or leave your Clipa on the strap of your diaper bag or purse.  


A CleanER Meal
Forego a dinner at a crowded restaurant this Mother's Day and treat Mom to a delicious, home-cooked meal with fresh veggies, chicken, shrimp or fish and some fresh fruit for dessert.  Saute' some fresh broccoli with chicken, shrimp or fish using a healthier spread option like Earth Balance buttery, coconut or avocado spreads instead of butter or margarine.  

Be sure to check out my other fab Mother's Day-related posts at:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta