The Big Dreams, Big Prayers Bible for Kids, NIV includes the complete New International Version (NIV) of the Bible along with devotions, prayers, and highlighted verses to help kids pray and listen for God’s answers to their prayers.
- Presentation page for personalization and gift giving.
- Devotions about people who prayed and listened to God such as Abraham, Hannah, and Job.
- The Lord's Prayer explained for kids.
- The "hand" prayer model to help kids remember to pray for others and themselves.
- Highlighted verses great for memorization and meditation.
- Book introductions explain what each book of the Bible is about.
- Prayer journaling pages with space to record personal prayers and answers to prayer.
- Reading plans.
- Complete text of the New International Version (NIV)
My Thoughts: Big Dreams, Big Prayers Bible for Kids has so many fab features I really don't know where to start. I loved the Reading Plans, yes, that planS with an "S" as in not 1, not 2 but 3 Reading Plans. The first is two week introductory reading plan with familiar readings and scriptures. Did I mention, Big Dreams, Big Prayers Bible for Kids has 3 reading plans. The 2nd Reading Plan is a bit more comprehensive than the first. It's an 180-day reading plan featuring at least one chapter from every Bible book. The 3rd Reading Plan is an in depth 3 year reading plan tackling every single word of the Bible which seeks to help the reader understand the Bible. Love, love, love this feature!
The colorful insets throughout Big Dreams, Big Prayers Bible for Kids provide commentary on How to Read the Bible, How to Pray and other common topics. Each Bible book begins with a one page introduction answering some common "Who", "What" and "Why" questions providing a historical glance at the chapter. The Word comes to life when you can apply it to your life and Big Dreams, Big Prayers Bible for Kids features tools for applying biblical lessons to everyday life. Great book!
Buy It: Big Dreams, Big Prayers Bible is available wherever Zondervan books are sold including online at www.Zondervan.com.
Disclosure: Many thanks to BookLook for the opportunity to review this title. I received a review copy in exchange for this review. No monetary compensation was received. For more information on the Disclosure Policy of Three Boys and an Old Lady blog, please visit http://threeboysandanoldlady.blogspot.com/2010/01/advertisecontact.html