Skip to main content

Let's Talk About Some Common Misconceptions About Occasional Incontinence… #PeeHappens

I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Always Discreet. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for my participation

I have this one friend who is the life of the party. When the girls and I get together, her recollections of days gone by have us in stitches. A few weeks ago, we got together for lunch and she was at it again. One of the girls blurted “You are hilarious. Stop it, you’re gonna make me pee on myself.” Then we all started laughing. Back in the day when we were pregnant, a little tinkle happened and now that we’re getting older “PeeHappens”.

Their timing couldn’t have been any better. I had just received samples of Always Discreet bladder protection pads and briefs and happened to have the packages in my car. The girls are always teasing me about my being in the know when it comes to practically everything. “Leave it to Tomi to have some tinkle pads”. Next thing you know we’re all sitting around sipping sweet tea talking about bladder protection. Maybe it was being among friends which made my friends more open to such an awkward conversation. Honestly, I’d never talked to anyone about occasional leaks but after talking with my friends leaks aren’t all that uncommon.

Always Discreet are very discreet and easy to conceal in your clutch or beach bag.


Always Discreet offers liners, pads and underwear with a variety of leakage protection to meet your individual needs. Some may need a light liner for day to day protection. Others may need a pad or underwear for maximum protection. Always Discreet has a product to meet your personal needs.

 Let’s clear up some misconceptions about 
those little accidents we have from to time.


  1. Pee Happens
  2. Urinary incontinence is common. Many women experience incontinence during pregnancy and following childbirth
  3. UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections) may lead to urinary incontinence
  4. Laughing, coughing, sneezing and exercising put pressure on the bladder and may cause occasional incontinence
  5. Certain prescriptions may cause incontinence
  6. Incontinence can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition
  7. Talk with your doctor. It’s great to have a friend you can confide in about your occasional incontinence but talk to your doctor to see if there’s an underlying condition that may be causing your incontinence. I know it’s an awkward conversation, but believe me you are not alone and remember Urinalysis is a covered benefit under PPACA (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) and in some instances you may not have to pay a deductible, co-payment or coinsurance for the service.

For tips, coupons and more info on Always Discreet products, be sure to Like Always on Facebook and follow @Always on Twitter.

So keep laughing…
    Always cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze…
        And don’t let the occasional “oops” ruin your day!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta