Skip to main content

All That Glitters: Shane Co.


My grandma has always been a stylish diva who never went anywhere without a pair of earrings, a ring or two on each hand and her wedding ring.  One of my most fondest memories as a child was rummaging through my grandmother's jewelry armoire.  When my grandparents first married they had an account with Shane Co. and many of the pieces in her jewelry armoire came from Shane Co.  


As a picked out through the pieces, I stood in amazement as my grandma would recount when the  piece was purchased and any special occasions associated with the piece.  Sapphires and diamonds, platinum and pearls, each piece had a story of its own.  

Much like my grandma, my mom has always had a love of fine jewelry.  Although her initial jewels were merely her wedding rings, as I grew older, her  jewelry collection grew.  My mom has small, dainty hands and long fingernails much like a hand model. Although her bridal set was to be admired, it was her pearls that I adored most.  


I remember a middle school dance and my mom letting me borrow her beloved "real" strand of pearls necklace and earring set.  As she closed the clasp of her treasured strand of precious pearls around my neck, I felt so pretty.

I think I was about 14 years old or so when she gifted me with my first set of pearl earrings.  My mom believed a young lady should own at least one pair of pearl earrings.  I still have one of the pearl earrings in my jewelry box.   I misplaced one of my beloved pearls years ago, but managed to hold on to one of them which I keep in my jewelry box.  

Pearls have been my go to fashion item for decades. Eternal and timeless, pearls never go out of style! Shane Co. cultured pearls are matched by hand for exceptional luster.


My daughter, the "Little Old Lady", just as I, finds her grandma's jewelry box to be a treasure trove.  One day, I pray, she too will be a mom and my granddaughter will come to my home and find my jewelry box to be full of treasures.  I wonder what tales I'll share as she digs through my jewelry box.  I'm sure I'll tell her the story of my first strand of pearls when she finds that one, lone pearl earring.  

Timeless.  A beautiful piece of jewelry transcends time and begets tradition and Shane Co. has been a part of my family for years and will be for years to come.  







Disclosure: 
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta