Skip to main content

My Kia, My Mom and the Love of Her Life

I am a Road Warrior! Although I don't mind planes or trains, traveling by car is hands down my favorite way to get away from it all. My kids are also road warriors. Now you'd think with three boys and a little old lady I'd drive some humunga chunga SUV but been there done that and hated it. I just love smaller vehicles and am quick to tell everyone don't let the small frame fool ya, my car has plenty of room. 

My mom on the other hand is not much of a road warrior but she is a master when it comes to style.  You know the car ad that reads "One owner, low miles, garaged..." yep, that's my mom's car. 

A couple of years ago she was in the market for a new vehicle and when she pulled into my driveway with her new Kia I was in awe.  I knew of Kia Sportage, Kia's stylish SUV but had never seen one of their sedans up close.  Two words:  OH WOW!!!

Check out this dashboard. 
Photo via Kia.com
Voice command navigation, Bluetooth wireless, rear camera display, dual zone temperature controls, push button start, and EcoBoost technology to optimize fuel economy.  All of the features you'd expect in a vehicle priced at double the base price of my mom's Kia.  

Her Kia Forte is my kind of car. Great gas mileage! Affordable, stylish and plenty of leg room.  Los Tres Amigos are quite tall and all three fit comfortably in the backseat or on those days when my mom is babysitting the Littlest One, the car seat tethers gives her confidence our family treasure is safe and secure. 
Oh, the title of this post is "My Kia, My Mom and the Love of Her Life" to this pic.  Notice the front license plate.  Last year on Valentine's Day, my mom's hubby surprised her by leaving a dozen long stem roses in her car.  When she went to her car to leave for lunch, she immediately noticed the roses but didn't notice the front license plate.  Later that evening when she returned home, she thanked her hubby for the roses and he asked if she noticed anything different about her car.  They went outside.  

She opened the car door.  
      Nothing.

She walked around the car.
      Nothing.

Finally, he directed her to the Kia logo and you guessed it.
      Nothing.

Then she saw it and guess what...
She cried tears of joy.

So if you're ever see a Kia with a pink and blue W 2 hearts E license plate, wave, don't honk you'll scare the living daylights out of my mom.



I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta