Skip to main content

AMSOIL Arenacross Coming to a City Near You

 
Many Friday and Saturday nights were spent at the racetrack when I was a kid.  My dad loved racing his old cars and well, anyone else's car he could get a hold of.  Like the time he asked my Aunt Sherry if he could borrow her car to go to the store and he came back about an hour later with a trophy.  True story.  He still displays the trophy on the den bookshelf.  So my family has a need...a need for speed and whenever the Amsoil Arenacross comes to town we make it a point to fuel our love of fast bikes.
  
This year we had the best seats in the house.  How do I know?  We sat about three rows behind the scorekeepers and shared space with some of the riders' families.  I only know it was one of the rider's fam because she cringed everytime someone got close to her beau and then she cheered louder than anyone else everytime a certain rider passed us.  We were close enough to see the dirt fly off the mud tires and feel the vibration of speed as the riders sped by.  It was AWESOME!  The kids had a blast and the family that won the 4 pack of tickets had an awesome time as well.    
  I had no idea the race was being taped for airing on SpeedTV until we looked up on the Jumbotron and looked back to see one of the riders being interviewed.  The kids were so excited to shake the hand of one of their favorite riders.  All of the kids were clamoring to shake the hand of their favorite riders.  Amsoil Arenacross does a wonderful job with crowd participation.  They were sure to place an arenacross rider at nearly every part in the arena.  It's nice to get up and personal with the arenacross celebs.  Some of the kids were even dressed in their racing gear and waited patiently for the riders to finish their interviews before they politely asked the riders to autograph their gear. 
Yes, it's loud but it's GREAT family fun.  Bring your earplugs, grab some snacks and have fun.  I had my earplugs in my purse and put 'em to good use.  There was a young dad there with his toddler son.  He sat the kid down with a plate of french fries, a juice box and bundled him up.  Then he reached in the diaper bag and brought out the largest pair of ear muffs I've ever seen.  Adorable.  The kids just sat there eating french fries and watching the race.  You could tell he'd been coming there for years.     
My favorite part of the race is the mini races.  It's great to see the younger riders get in on the action.  There's not change in the track for them either.  They ride the same track as the big guys, a little slower, but it's still the same track.  There was this one kid that zoomed around so fast, hitting all the marks and making all the jumps.  It wasn't until the end of the race when the helmets were lifted and the winner was revealed to be...A GIRL!  Woohoo!  What an inspiration!!!  

AMSOIL ArenaCross is a family event!  There were moms, dads, brothers and sisters from all over and everyone had a great time.  We saw one family take up an entire row of 18 seats.  They cheered, and high-fived and breathed sighs of relief as the racers flew by.  There was one accident and it caused the crowd to stand tall in the stands and point.  One of the riders jumped right in the arena exit.  The yellow flag was waved and emergency workers rushed over to help him.  The kids were on the edge of their seats.  It was scary.  We waited patiently to see if the driver was okay.  After a few nail-biting minutes, he was lifted up, gave a thumbs up and was quickly driven off the arena floor to a thunder of applause.  
If you've never been to Amsoil ArenaCross there's still time!

March 15-17, 2013 in Denver, CO at the Denver Coliseum and then the championship comes to Las Vegas on May 5 and there's a million dollar prize purse up for grabs. "One million dollars" *in my Austin Powers' voice*

Click the logo below to be taken to the AMSOIL ArenaCross website at http://www.arenacross.com/
 
 
  
 
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta