Skip to main content

Mike and Ike Steps Back in Time and Brings Back Retro Faves

For those of us who are still a little torn by the recent split of Mike and Ike (tears), there is a ray of hope.  For a limited time, you can stock up on! 


The makers of MIKE AND IKE®  announce the limited return of MIKE AND IKE® CHERRI AND BUBB® andMIKE AND IKE® LEM AND MEL® candies available now through April, 2013.  The candies first became a hit in 1989 (CHERRI AND BUBB®) and 1991(LEM AND MEL®) and have been long sought out by candy lovers for some time. Both retro flavors combine two great tasting fruits for a sweet and unique combination.  CHERRI AND BUBB is a blend of Cherry and Bubblegum flavors and LEM AND MEL is a mix of Lemon and Watermelon flavors.


“We are very excited to bring back CHERRI AND BUBB® and LEM AND MEL®,” says Donald Houston, Senior Marketing Manager for MIKE AND IKE®.  “We hope this will inspire good memories from our loyal fans and introduce a new group of MIKE AND IKE lovers to these favorites from the past.  Perhaps this might even inspire Mike and Ike to rekindle their friendship and business relationship.”

MIKE AND IKE® CHERRI AND BUBB® and MIKE AND IKE® LEM AND MEL® are hitting shelves now and will only be available through April 2013.  Both flavors come in a 5 oz box with an SRP ranging from $1.00-$1.39.

The MIKE AND IKE® split shocked the world last spring, generating a high volume of fan and celebrity reactions.  The independent and talented duo has decided to follow their true passions. Mike is a musician at heart and produced a music video; Ike is an urban artist and a lover of art. Their split is not unlike that of other famous celebrity duos like Simon and Garfunkel or Lennon and McCartney.
To keep up to date on the split, and all other things pertaining to MIKE AND IKE® please visit them at:
Our Thoughts:  Candy is fun food and Mike and Ike is fun food!  There's nothing like the rattling of a Mike and Ike theatre box.  I think I've tried every single flavor there is and love them all.  Glad to see some flavors of old returning!  Woot-woot!!!  Enjoy! About MIKE AND IKE® MIKE AND IKE® candy, with varieties such as Original Fruits, Tropical Typhoon®, Berry Blast®, RedRageous!™ and others, will continue to be offered at all retailers. Consumers will see no changes in flavors or distribution. The independent and talented duo has decided to follow their true passions. Mike is a musician at heart and is writing and producing music; Ike is an urban artist and a lover of art. Their split is not unlike that of other famous celebrity duos like Simon and Garfunkel, Lennon and McCartney or even hip hop legends Slick Rick and Dougie Fresh. “People of all ages love MIKE AND IKE® and we are reassuring fans and our retail partners that our famous fruit-chewy candies will continue to be produced and sold as we get this resolved,” says Donald Houston, Senior Marketing Manager for MIKE AND IKE®. For more information on the split and to follow Mike and Ike’s individual exploits, log onto www.facebook.com/mikeandike.
About Just Born, Inc. Just Born, Inc. is a privately owned company founded in 1923 and headquartered in Bethlehem, PA, where it manufactures PEEPS®, HOT TAMALES® and MIKE AND IKE® Brand Candies. GOLDENBERG’S® PEANUT CHEWS® Brand Candies are produced in Philadelphia, PA.  All Just Born candies are made in the U.S.A.  





Disclaimer:  I received samples in exchange for this post.  I had to share them with the Three Boys and an Old Lady and had to purchase more when they ran out and will probably end up purchasing more because I just love Mike and Ike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta