Skip to main content

My Unconventional Journey to Motherhood

After the twins were born, I looked in the fridge and noticed a small vial in the side door. I'd held onto that vial of medication for nearly a year and with the birth of the twins, I had the courage to dispose of it. It was a tiny vial that held a $1,000 medication. A vial which held all my hopes of motherhood and now after years of fertility treatments, our dreams of parenthood finally came true and it was time to get rid of that vial.

Getting pregnant was a pricey investment of time and money for me and my husband. We spent tens of thousands of dollars in our efforts to conceive and countless hours at doctor's offices and hospital labs. Was it worth it? Yes. Would I do it all over again? Well, yes and no. Yes, I would do it all over again but not exactly the same way we did before.

Much has changed in terms of fertility treatments since hubby and I began our fertility journey over a decade ago. Nowadays, couples trying to conceive have options, much more affordable options than we had a decade ago. When hubby and I began our fertility journey I kept a journal detailing my basal temperature and vaginal mucus temperatures.

Basal temperature rises during ovulation but it isn't always necessarily an indication of ovulation. Vaginal mucus changes when you're ovulating. Vaginal secretions are sticky, moist and stretchy as you near your ovulation period and the texture becomes dry and pasty before and after ovulation. Again changes in cervical mucus aren't necessarily an indication of ovulation.

Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation from Mums the Word Network and The Stork OTC. All opinions are my own.

Ovulation predictor kits are a more reliable means of determining ovulation and yield more reliable, visible results. Since ovulation only last a few hours it's nice to have a little help guiding sperm to the cervix. The Stork OTC was created to help position sperm where it needs to be. The unique condom-like sheath collects the sperm into a cervical cap and the applicator positions the cap near the cervix where it stays until it's removed. The Stork OTC is an affordable option and available at select CVS stores across the nation next to the ovulation test kits in the family planning section.

Are you trying to conceive? Did you struggle with infertility? Share your story and encourage others and join me September 28th at 8 pm EST for the #WhyStorkOTC Twitter Party.


Watch for me @3Boys_OldLady, I'm a guest panelist at the #WhyStorkOTC Twitter Party and I'll share my experience and share stories of hope to others in their conception journey.

Prizes include:
• $50 CVS gift cards
• Ovulation test kits
• Stork OTC

Comments

Patti Murin said…
“So I’m someone’s mom!” Welcoming our first child, Cecily Philips Donnell, at 12:24 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14. We are absolutely head over heels in love with Cecily, and parenthood is already the most insane and beautiful thing in existence, It's made me excited to have a little spitfire of a daughter of my own. I remembered when i found out i was pregnant 3years ago and was about to walk away from the musical. But at eight weeks, i had a miscarriage. i was so unhappy, until i seek help spiritually from a Dr Iya the herbal practitioner, who helps and guide me to get pregnant again, even at the trying times few weeks in April when i battled symptoms of the coronavirus including "a cough that makes it feel like my head is splitting open from the inside out, but luckily, the baby was okay with the doctors help. i am happy to finally be a mother, couples out there that needs help, trying to conceive a baby, contact my doctor on nativeiyabasira@yahoo.com , you will definitely have a baby to make you a parent.

Popular posts from this blog

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta