Skip to main content

4 AFFORDABLE Back to School Tech Must Haves

We JUST finished our Back to School shopping!  We wanted to make sure we sent the kids back to school with some much needed high tech gadgets. However, we have 4 kids so we watch our dollars carefully and look for quality, affordable tech essentials. 

We're still in the market for a couple of new laptops so more on that search later.  For now, here are 4 of our Back to School tech must haves that won't break the bank. Affordable is a must.  By affordable I mean $50 and under and all of these items come in at under $50.  Quality.  It's got to be a name we trust.  There are a lot of products out there but some are definitely "You get what you pay for".  All of these items are kid-tested and mom-approved for school aged kids to college students.  

Here you have it.  Our list of 4 back to school tech must haves.  Drum roll please.

Wireless Mouse
There are a few on the market but Logitech has been our mouse of choice for years now and the new Logitech MX Anywhere mouse glides easily across any surface and it’s Bluetooth compatible.  The ergonomic shape is perfect for long hours spent online researching for that term paper.  Plus, any Logitech product under $50 definitely gets the top of our list.

Memory 
The “Mom” in me knows he could use this memory stick to record college lectures without bogging down his memory but the “Mom” me know my kid will use the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick to share selfies and music with his friends. The SanDisk Connect Wireless 32 GB Stick is only $24.99. Wireless = no cords to worry about and you can even queue the app to auto backup pics and videos. 
Tablet
When it comes to reliable, inexpensive tablets the Kindle Fire is one of my personal faves. The Fire tablet is a great gift for college students. Wifi. HD. Tons of apps. Books. Movies. Notepad. Music. If you didn't snag the multi-pack deal on Amazon Deal Days, don't worry.  The Fire, priced around $50, makes it one of the more reliable and AFFORDABLE tablets on the market. Oh and the Fire is available in a wide range of colors sure to match school colors. #JusSayin

Notebook
You have to have a notebook but forget the pen and paper, the Rocketbook Everlast is our favorite smart notebook. The stylus “writes” like a pen notes can be easily uploaded and stored online. When you’re finished, erase and start again. I didn't think I would like this product when I first tried it.  However, I love it.  It's super easy to use and perfect for writing, drawing and the files transfer with ease.  Priced around $30 and available at Target, Walmart, Staples, Office Depot and more, the Rocketbook is available just about everywhere.
There you have it.  Our top 4 affordable Back to School tech must haves.  What are some of your tech must haves?  Do you currently use any of these products? 
What are some tech must haves on your Back to School list?

Comments

Masshole Mommy said…
My kids each have a Kindle Fire, but here the schools assign each kid a tablet that they use for the day at school (it's left at school), so they use their Fires for fun stuff.
Tomi C said…
I'm seeing more and more schools using tablets in the classroom also.
Lisa said…
These are all great ideas! We need a new mouse and my youngest daughter is craving for her own tablet.
candy said…
Tablets are becoming more and more common place in schools I have noticed. All of these are great items to pick up while on sale for the back to school days.
Glenda Cates said…
I still have so much to do before school begins including getting my Computer fixed and a new table for my son and I. As well as a Mouse for his computer and I will check into the one you mentioned.
Sarah Bailey said…
These are some great ideas, I am with you on a mouse - I think having one is so much better than relying on the inbuilt pad.
Nikki said…
I love Logitech products. I have their mouse and keyboard combo right now. I do need a new keyboard, but this one has taken a real beating (literally, since I practically beat the keys, lol) and really stood up to it!
SimplyTasheena said…
These are all wonderful ideas. A wireless mouse is a must-have. It really makes using my computer a better experience.
AiringMyLaundry said…
Yup, we have a lot of these! Tablets come in handy for school, as well as the USB storage. You can easily save papers that way.
Ave said…
We love Logitech products! They are super affordable and a great quality. I wish I had had the Rocketbook Everlast when I was in university!
Heather said…
$50 bucks and under is very affordable! Thankfully our kids don't need that many high tech items at their age though.
Thank goodness we are a tech family. I think the kids need more and more every year.
Pam said…
I have been thinking about getting a Kindle Fire to read on. I love reading but lugging books around is hard, bulky, and heavy.
bridezilla said…
I want that notebook! It sounds awesome!
Unknown said…
Those are some great tips, tablets nowadays are often used in class. Though that Rocketbook Everlast sound very interesting.
Unknown said…
These are all fabulous items to have on hand when going back to school. I swear by my optical mouse and memory stick. A tablet is handy to carry around, and I usually take notes with a notebook!
Cassie Tucker said…
I completely agree that storage space is a must for going back to school, whether high school or college. I can also get behind having to have a wired mouse, I'm currently using a wired mouse on my computer at home and sometimes that cord is the bane of my existence.
ricci said…
These all sound like great back to school must haves! Is it weird I'm glad I'm still not in school because it would be so hard to keep up with all the technology!!
Chubskulit Rose said…
Our kids go back to school this Friday. We bought them some the ones on your list.

Popular posts from this blog

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta