Skip to main content

Celebrate #MothersDay with these 5 Inspirational Books for Moms

Mother's Day will soon be here and I am wrecking my brains trying to find the "PERFECT" Mother's Day gift for some fab moms in my life.  



Finding a gift for my mom is easy breezy.  She's a voracious reader like me and a couple of her favorite authors are releasing their latest reads around Mother's Day.  There are a couple of other awesome moms on my Mother's Day gift list who could use a little mom-spiration.  It's been a tough year for a few of my friends, but their faith is helping them to cope and giving them the strength to carry on.

I recently shared news of the Love + Blessed Box subscription service.  I love the premise of this box as it provides a word of comfort and inspiration, a little something each of us needs to hear.  Everyone needs a word of encouragement from time to time.  2016 is shaping up to be a great year for inspirational reads and I'm pleased to share some fab reads which will make wonderful Mother's Day gifts.  Whether it's a journal of faith and hope, a daily devotional or a romantic novel, 2016 offers something for every reader to enjoy.  

Check out these fab reads for Mom:
  • If My Heart Could Talk by Dodie Osteen
  • 5 Minutes With Jesus:  Peace for Today by Sheila Walsh
  • Joyful Inspirations Coloring Book by Robin Mead
  • The Sisterhood:  How the Power of the Feminine Heart Can Become the Catalyst For Change and Make the World a Better Place by Bobbie Houston
  • Get Your Hopes Up! by Joyce Meyer

If My Heart Could Talk by Dodie Osteen 

Dodie Osteen, mother of Joel Osteen, gives listeners a personal account of her extraordinary life and shares what she has learned about love, faith, and family.  Joel pens a thoughtful foreword in his mother's book If My Heart Could Talk and it sets the precedent for a wonderful read.



If My Heart Could Talk features a foreword by Joel Osteen and details Dodie's life beginning with her childhood.  In this first person account, Dodie shares how her faith helped her overcome the valleys of her life.  Her sparkling personality shines through in this inspirational story and fans of the Osteen ministry will appreciate this deeper sharing of her life story.

Dodie's insight into her 44-year marriage to her beloved husband, Pastor Joel Osteen, is a wonderful tale of love, hope and an everlasting commitment.  If My Heart Could Talk would make an ideal Mother's Day gift for any mom on your gift list.


Click here to read an excerpt of If My Heart Could Talk by Dodie Osteen. Brief and profound, these daily readings from Sheila Walsh will help busy women draw close to Jesus and walk in His peace throughout the day. It will become clear that even in the midst of a busy lifestyle, every minute we spend in the powerful presence of Jesus makes a difference in our lives!



5 Minutes With Jesus:  Peace for Today by Sheila Walsh is brief and profound.  These daily readings from Sheila Walsh will help busy women draw close to Jesus and walk in His peace throughout the day. It will become clear that even in the midst of a busy lifestyle, every minute we spend in the powerful presence of Jesus makes a difference in our lives!




Joyful Inspirations Coloring Book by Robin Mead is a great read for moms who have found moments of solace in coloring.  I have a dear friend who recently shared how a renewed interest in coloring books has helped her calm down from the busyness of mommyhood.  She says it's a great stress reliever and like reading a book at night, it's her way of winding down at the end of the day.  Joyful Inspirations couples simple coloring pages with deep spiritual quotes for reflection.  



The Sisterhood:  How the Power of the Feminine Heart Can Become the Catalyst for Change and Make the World a Better Place by famed Hillsong Church Co-founder and Senior Pastor, Bobbie Houston comes out May 3 and is sure to be a bestseller.  This feel good book reminds us of the power of women united.  The book offers words of encouragement and a plan of action for uplifting and uniting women.  Great read for Prayer Group and Book club.

Get Your Hopes Up! by Joyce Meyer is at the top of my Spring reading list.  I love Joyce Meyer's no frills, tell it like it is, writing style.  In Get Your Hopes Up! Meyer challenges readers to commit to raising their level of expectation for 30 days and join others on social media to let them know how God is working in their lives.  Look for the #TheHappyBook hashtag, join the challenge and share YOUR story.

Be sure to check back for more fab gift ideas for mom.  If you have any fab gift ideas, you'd like to share, let me know, leave a comment below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maple and Brown Sugar Air Fryer Bacon

I've been raving about my Instant Pot but now I have a new favorite... the Air Fryer.   O M G This thing is amazing!  I don't know why I was so late to the Air Fryer craze but I am so glad I am finally onboard.   I've been talking about getting one and then after my aunt posted pics of her new air fryer, that was it off to Best Buy I went.   I wasn't sure how big of a unit I would need but I figured the 2.5 liter would suffice.  I chose the Chefman Express.  It was priced on the shelves for $85 but online for $75.99 and my local store matched the price AND I had my Swagbucks Best Buy QR code so I got 500 SBs + 2 SBs for every dollar spent so that's another 170 SBs.  So, after discounts, my air fryer ended up costing me less than the sale price.  Woohoo! There were some fancy ones on the shelves with digital display but after checking the reviews I figured since I don't fry much this model would suffice. When I think of fried foods, I think

Jeepers! It's January Hop

Happy New Year! What better way to kick off the new year than with a giveaway! I am so excited to join The Mommy Island, The Kids Did It and 90+ other fab blogs in the first big giveaway hop of 2018! Here’s your chance to start the new year off with a win. One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog reader will receive a $15 Walmart eGift card. $10 may not seem like a lot but it’s enough to stock up on some last minute Christmas clearance gifts. Trust me. I bought a 6’ Christmas tree WITH lights, 2 animal massagers, 3 Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser, Christmas cards and wrapping paper less than $20 during an after Christmas Walmart shopping trip. I was searching for some cough syrup when my friend’s kid spotted the Jelly Belly BeanBoozled Jelly Beans Mystery Bean Dispenser on sale for 50 cents. What a steal! The regular price is $10 so to find them on sale for 50 cents was a deal. We cleared the shelves. A few rows down we spotted some anima

A Pit Stop at Sho Nuff Hot Tamales in Greenville, Mississippi

My cousin and I were driving along and our tummies were rumbling as we crossed the Mississippi state line on US-82.  We didn't really have any particular dish in mind for lunch but we started seeing signs saying "Hot Tamales". "Hot Tamales", my Philly cousin asked. "Yep", I replied nonchalantly.  "I remember reading something about hot tamales being a big thing here in the Delta."   We kept driving and finally decided we would have to try these famous Mississippi Delta hot tamales. Now to decide which one.  There were literally dozens of tamale spots.  We happened upon a restaurant called Sho-Nuff and decided it was the one. We parked and entered the large, delightfully decorated restaurant.  The wall was plastered with local and national awards in recognition of those hot tamales.   There was a sign touting Sho-Nuff as the winner of the local newspaper's favorite restaurant award and 3rd place winner in the annual  Delta Hot Ta