December 14, 2012

Our Home the Ooh La La Coffeehouse Thanks to #Torani


So SheSpeaks gave me the opportunity to sample Torani syrups and share the news about the Torani Holiday Cheers Contest

Torani syrups are those flavored syrups you see in all the trendy coffeehouses.  Creating fab holiday drinks for your guests is easy breezy with Torani.  Just add a splash to your favorite coffee, tea, sparkling water or whatever you're drinking and voila you've got something totally new.

I made the best hot chocolate by adding a splash of Torani Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie syrup.  Delicious and way less expensive than the $5 supremo sized mocha choca latte da da at the ooh la la fancy schmancy coffeehouse.  I even topped it with a little whipped cream.  

Everyone knows Torani syrups are perfect for beverages but I  decided to try a little something different with the Torani syrups I received.  It actually turned out to be one of my most tastiest mistakes to date.  I prepared my pound cake as normal and decided rather than top it with lemon icing, the Torani Sugar Free Salted Caramel syrup sounded like a delicious idea.  

So, I melted a cup of sugar, added 2 tablespoons of the syrup and it foamed like candy.  


Added a splash of Torani Sugar Free Salted Caramel Syrup
Stirred and stirred...


and stirred and stirred some more...













The aroma was amazing!  Just imagine buttery, sweet warmth, ooey-gooey goodness.   Then I poured it all over the cake.
Don't let the baked beauty fool ya.  As it cooled it hardened much like a caramel topping for a caramel apple.  Oops!  

I later learned a little milk would have given me the icing texture I wanted.  So, we ended up with a delicious cake with an unexpected caramel topping.   To my surprise my family loved it (or at least they said they did).  Hubby, well after we finished laughing at my baking mistake, he asked me to make the caramel again but made me promise I'd wrap them as candies rather than top any more pound cakes with the topping.  

Torani syrups are a great way to express your creativity.  With so many flavors to choose from, our taste buds are in for a workout.  I am looking forward to trying more Torani vanillas, fruity fruit flavored syrups, nutty-licious nut flavors and the seasonal flavors.

Buy It:   Click here to use the Torani Store Locator to locate a store near you.




Disclosure:  Many thanks to Torani and SheSpeaks for the opportunity to participate in the Torani Blogger program.
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations