April 26, 2012

doTERRA Essential Oils Review


I have used essential oils as ingredients in some of my homemade soaps and bath soaks and was eager to try doTERRA Essential Oils.  

doTERRA sent me a sample of their Oregano Oil for review.  I've never tried Oregano oil.  I mean I cook with oregano but I had no clue as to the benefits of oregano oil so I had to do a little research.  Fortunately, doTERRA sent an informational handout detailing some of the benefits and uses of oregano oil and it was very interesting.  Oregano oil is believed to be beneficial in treating a variety of ailments including acne, sinus and nasal congestion and calm queasy stomachs.  Since no one in the family suffers from acne I was unable to try it to see how it worked for treating acne, but queasy stomachs and sinus congestion, check and check.
Adding a couple of drops of oregano oil to a plain, glass of water or juice are said to calm queasy stomachs and aid in sinus congestion and you know what...this actually worked...for me.  Notsomuch for Hubby though.  The scent was too medicinal and he's not as enthusiastic as I am when it comes to trying homeopathic remedies.  

As with any essential oil, you have to be careful.  I mean essential oils are not for everyone.  For example, if you are allergic to oregano or similar plants, then this product is not for you.  The doTERRA oil was quite fragrant and I was a bit leery of applying it to my irritated mouth full of braces but I'd read that oregano oil can be used to treat irritated gums so I tried it and tada, it worked.  

doTERRA is a business and I was fortunate to have the opportunity to speak with a local rep during a recent children's clothing sale (I know essential oils and children's clothing?). Anyhoo, the local rep answered several of my questions about the product and shared info on becoming an independent doTERRA Consultant.  So, apparently there are opportunities for those with a stronger interest in essential oil and related products.  

doTERRA offers a wide variety of essential oil products including specially blended oils.  Prices range from $18 - up.

Buy It:  Visit http://www.mydoterra.com

For more info:
  • Visit www.doterra.com
  • Like doTERRA-International on Facebook
  • Follow @doTERRATweet on Twitter
Win It: doTERRA is hosting a fab contest at www.essentialoildetails.com.  Check out these prizes:
  1. 1 Grand Prize Winner - Family Physician Kits (10 bottles of our most popular oils) PLUS a full outfit from Bohme Boutique
  2. 3 First Runner's Up - Essential Oil Introductory Pack (3 bottles of oils)
  3. 10 Second Runner's Up - (1 Bottle of oil)



Disclosure:  Many thanks to Adam and Jimmy at doTERRA for providing a sample of doTERRA for review purposes.  No monetary compensation was provided in exchange for this review.  The views expressed above are mine.
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations