Dr. Tony Youn is the media’s go-to plastic surgeon. He appears regularly on The Rachael Ray Show, and his blog, Celebrity Cosmetic Surgery, is widely read and the most popular blog by a plastic surgeon in the country. But it was a long road to success, and In Stitches recounts Dr. Youn’s misfit adolescence and his four tumultuous years in medical school with striking wit, heart, and humility.
For anyone who has ever experienced the awkward teenage years, who has struggled to find his or her way in college, who has been worried that their “calling” would never come, who wants to believe that their doctor really cares, or is just ready for a read that will make you laugh and cry at the same time, this book is for you.
My Thoughts: I have seen Dr. Youn on the Rachael Ray show and was very excited to receive a copy of his book for review. His soon-to-be released memoir deals with the insecurities he faced as a teenager and the hard work he put in to establish his career. His success is a result of many years of dedication and hard work and his story is one worth sharing. Youn paints an honest portrayal of the path to becoming a doctor. We're able to see Youn the student, Youn the doctor and Youn the person.
In Stitches is also a story about family. Youn's close knit family supported him and Youn's father believed in him even when Youn himself lacked confidence. Overall a good read.
Read It: Click here to read an excerpt of Dr. Youn's memoir.
Buy It: Click here to pre-order your copy of In Stitches by Anthony Youn, M.D.
and get details on how to enter to win a free iPad, Nook or Kindle from Dr. Youn.
Win It: One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady blog visitor will receive a copy of In Stitches.
* * *G I V E A W A Y * * *
Giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada and ends at 11:59 P.M. on 4/30/11. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and will be notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to claim prize or prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected. Winners subject to one copy per household rule, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, they will receive only one copy of the title in the mail.
Mandatory Entry: Visit the In Stitches book website and leave a comment below about something you learned about Dr. Youn
- Visit the In Stitches Facebook page and leave a wall post saying Three Boys and an Old Lady sent you. Be sure to come back here and leave a comment below with your Facebook first name and last initial.
- Follow 3Boys_OldLady on Twitter [Be sure to leave your Twitter ID in your comment below]
- Tweet about this review and giveaway. Please tweet the following: "Win a copy of In Stitches by @TonyYounMD from @3Boys_OldLady at http://threeboysandanoldlady.blogspot.com/" Be sure to leave URL link of your tweet in your comment so I can check [2 tweets per day]
- Like Three Boys and an Old Lady on Facebook [2 entries, leave 2 comments] and leave your Facebook first name and last initial in your comment
- Post this giveaway on your blog or a linky site and leave URL in your comment so I can find it [5 entries, leave 5 comments]
Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book for review purposes. Click here for the complete disclosure policy of Three Boys and an Old Lady.