Award-winning Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar and all Cracker Barrel cheeses are available in the Dairy Section of leading grocery retailers in the following delicious varieties:
- Cracker Barrel Aged Reserve Cheddar
- Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar
- Cracker Barrel Medium Cheddar
- Cracker Barrel Vermont White Sharp Cheddar
- Cracker Barrel Sharp Cheddar
- Cracker Barrel Marbled Sharp Cheddar
- Cracker Barrel Monterrey Jack
- Cracker Barrel Baby Swiss
When the Aspiring Food Critic aka the middle son saw it was Cracker Barrel cheese, he kept asking when could we have it. Cheese is a healthy snack and although most food critics spend their time matching cheese with the perfect wine, the Aspiring Food Critic is underage so he is limited to pairing his cheeses with the perfect juice.
We received a block of Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar and a lovely cheese board. [pictured on the right] After one taste, the Aspiring Food Critic knew exactly what type of juice would compliment this fine cheese. He chose the cranberry juice. Funny thing the pairing was a pretty good choice. Then again the cheese went with the grape juice, the white grape juice as well.
I let him peruse the Kraft website for more tips courtesy of the Entertainment Guide that accompanied the cheese and cheese board and found a handy wine pairing guide for those of us over 21.
Wine & Cheese - A Perfect Pairing
Wine and cheese are a natural combination for any entertaining occasion. In general, the lighter the wine, the milder the cheese. The more full bodied the wine, the stronger the cheese. Below we've partnered some cheeses and wines to give you the best flavor.
|Mild Cheeses||Medium Cheeses||Strong Cheeses|
|Cheeses||Colby, Farmer’s or Monterey Jack||Mild Cheddar, Edam, Swiss, Gouda, Brie or Havarti||Sharp Cheddar, Extra Sharp Cheddar, Aged Reserve or Blue|
|Wines||Red Burgundy, Zinfandel or Riesling||Red Burgundy, Pinot Noir, Gewurztraminer or Merlot||Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay or Beaujolais|
Buy It: Cracker Barrel Cheese may be found at your local grocer in the refrigerated section and retail for around $4.
* * * G I V E A W A Y * * *
Win It: One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady follower will receive a block of Cracker Barrel Cheese and a cheese board complete with accessories.
Mandatory Entry: You must follow this blog and leave a comment below telling me your favorite cheese and beverage pairing. Perhaps you prefer Monterey Jack with red grape juice. Leave a comment below and let me know.
Giveaway is open to residents of U.S. and ends at 4/28/11. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and will be notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to claim prize or prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected. If you email is not in your profile, please be sure to leave an email address so I can contact you should you win.
- Follow this blog via Networked Blogs or subscribe via email
- Tweet the following "Cracker Barrel Giveaway at http://threeboysandanoldlady.blogspot.com. Giveaway ends 4/28. Enter today. Pls. RT" Be sure to leave a link to your tweet in your comment below.
- Follow @3Boys_OldLady on Twitter and leave a comment below with your Twitter ID.
- Like the Three Boys and an Old Lady Facebook page and Leave a comment below with your first name and last initial. [2 entries, leave 2 comments below]
- Enter any of the current / open giveaways featured on this blog. Be sure to leave a comment below telling me which giveaway you entered. [1 entry per giveaway entered]
- Post about this giveaway on your blog or a linky site and leave URL in your comment so I can find it [5 entries, leave 5 comments]
Disclosure: This post was written for Family Review Network & Kraft who provided the complimentary product for review & giveaway in exchange for my honest opinions.