Don't you just love this time of year? The kids are so excited about returning to school. I do and although Hubby and I try to keep our kids focused on learning all they can, I know sometimes kids struggle and may need a little extra boost to help reinforce concepts learned during the school day. That's why I'm so excited to present to you the latest additions to the Rock 'N Learn series: Phonics Volume 1 and Phonics Volume 2.
Rock 'N Learn was created by two brothers, one a school psychologist, the other a musician. They used their creative skills to create Rock 'N Learn fusing learning with catchy tunes and has been shown to work. All I know is my kids love it! In fact, my kid's school has some Rock 'N Learn DVDs available for checkout in our Parent Resource Center.
Rock 'N Learn has a wide assortment of topics to choose from including foreign languages, math, test taking strategies, science and social studies and phonics, reading and writing. Our friends at Rock 'N Learn presented Three Boys and an Old Lady with the Phonics Volumes 1 and 2 DVDs for review. Los Tres Amigos love these videos! I love them even more. You see one of Los Tres Amigos receives Speech Therapy and I wanted to get his therapist's view of the DVDs and she gave them a big thumbs up! It's only been a couple of weeks but we are incorporating these DVDs into his therapy regimen.
The Rock 'N Learn Phonics DVDs cover:
Vowels • Short Vowel Sounds • Beginning Consonants With Vowels • Practice • c, g, qu, x • Find the Sounds (phonemic segmentation) • Sound It Out (oral blending) • Putting It All Together • Simple Phrases/ Rhyming Words • Double Consonants (words ending in ll, ss, ff) • Plural s and Ending s • Long a • Long e • Long i • Long o • Long u • Sentence Practice • ar • er, ir, ur • or • ire, are, air • Schwa Sound • How Many Syllables? (phonemic segmentation) • Ending Sounds • Endings: y and le • Sentence Practice • Rule Breakers • ph and gh • Memory Words • Several Read-Along practices
This particular series is designed for children 6 - up; however, there are other DVDs in the product line for children as young as 2 years old.
Avg. DVD runtime is approximately 70 minutes.
Here's a sample of the Phonics Volume 1 DVD
Buy it: Rock 'N Learn DVDs are available for purchase at www.rocknlearn.com and most titles are available in DVD, CD & Book and iPad App formats with prices ranging from $12.99 - $19.99
Win it: One lucky Three Boys and an Old Lady follower will win the Rock 'N Learn Phonics 1 and 2 DVDs.
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents and ends at 11:59 PM on 9/7/10. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and will be notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to claim prize or prize will be forfeited and new winner will be selected via Random.org.
Mandatory Entry: You must be a public follower of Three Boys and an Old Lady [click Follow on the right of this screen] AND you must visit Rock 'N Learn and tell me in a comment below another DVD that may interest you.
- Leave a comment below telling me who you would give this too if you won
- Follow 3Boys Old Lady on Twitter
- ReTweet this review by clicking on Tweet This at the bottom of this post. Be sure to leave a link to your tweet in your comment below [2 entries, leave 2 comments, 2 tweets per day]
- Enter the Rock 'N Learn iPad contest; leave a comment below telling me you entered [2 entries, leave 2 comments]
- Grab my button and leave your URL so I can find it [5 entries, leave 5 comments]
- Post this giveaway on your blog or linky site and leave URL in your comment so I can find it [5 entries, leave 5 comments]
- Enter any of the other Three Boys and an Old Lady Giveaways and leave comment below with name of giveaway you entered [1 comment, 1 entry]
- Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs [1 vote, 1 comment, 1 entry]
- Leave a comment on a non-giveaway post and leave comment below with name of post [Unlimited entries]
Disclosure: This product was provided to me free of charge for review purposes. I have not received any monetary compensation from Rock 'N Learn or its subsidiaries. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and have in no way been influenced by Rock 'N Learn or its subsidiaries.